Summertime in the 2-1-5: Planning Your Summer in Philly
By Debora Charmelus, Campus Philly Program Manager
Summer in Philadelphia means great music festivals, interactive museum experiences, delicious food choices and more. The best way to take advantage of everything the city has to offer is by living and working here over the summer.
Campus Philly’s Online Job and Internship Week — March 27- 31– is a great place to start planning for your summer in Philadelphia. Easily search through hundreds of jobs and internships to find the right fit. Campusphilly.org/launch makes it easy for you to show off your personality through a customized profile while using the matching software to find job and internships that are specific to your needs.
Here’s your checklist to plan for your summer in Philly:
- Create your profile at campusphilly.org/launch and make it as complete as possible so that employers can get to know you and find you easily.
- Before the fair begins, make a list of the companies you want to apply to and prioritize them. Research the companies. Find related news articles, social media accounts and more.
- Double, triple and quadruple check your resume. You don’t want to let a typo stop you from getting your dream gig.
- Keep in mind that you may have to customize your resume based on the gig. It’s helpful to have different points for each of your experiences that you can plug into your resume.
- When applying to a gig, don’t forgo the cover letter! It’s your chance to show off your personality to let that organization know why you’d be a culture fit.
- Log into campusphilly.org/launch to start applying to gigs on March 27.
- Be sure to check back every day of the fair, new gigs will be posted daily.
- Pat yourself on the back for taking the time to invest in your future
- Decide what you’ll do over the summer, by checking out this this cool list, curated by Philly’s #1 fans- the Campus Philly staff.
- Decide where to stay by using our neighborhood guide and our summer housing guide.