On Saturday, February 14, join 400 other college students as you learn the best practices to lead inclusively, explore your own leadership values and exchange ideas to promote social change through collective impact. Over 20 workshops, presentations, panels and dialogues will be offered at the conference, presented by regional higher ed institutions, business leaders and community partners.
What kinds of workshops will be offered?
- Vanguard, the 2015 ILC corporate sponsor, will take participants on an interactive journey to explore the importance of being an authentic leader. Do you have what it takes? Join Vanguard as they present The Power of Authentic Leadership and see if you have what it takes to become the type of leader people want to work with. All students who attend this workshop will receive a book as a thank-you gift. This workshop would be a great opportunity for students to meet and connect with the top student leaders in the region.
- Are We Teaching Diversity All Wrong? Join presenters from Temple University and Collegiate EmPowerment for a unique conversation between two professionals and friends – one white and one black – that will challenge what you know about diversity and all of the –ism’s.
- Alex’s Lemonade Stand Foundation will show students that Anyone Can Lead. This workshop will dispel the myth of what a great leader looks like and show examples of how unconventional leaders have helped influence change.
Why should you attend?
- To connect with 400+ other student leaders from the Greater Philadelphia region – who knows, you might just meet your next program partner!
- To participate in cross-cultural conversations around diversity, inclusion and social change
- To learn how to be a change agent for collaboration
- And last, but certainly not least – to receive a special conference gift!
- Register here: campusphilly.org/leadership
- Bring a pen and notepad to jot down all of your favorite takeaways and to exchange email addresses with other attendees
- Show your school spirit by wearing your school colors or your favorite school swag
- Breakfast and lunch will be served! Please email email@example.com if you have any dietary restrictions
- Join the conversation using #ILCPhilly
If you have any questions or concerns about the conference, please feel free to reach out to Monet Thomas-Anderson at 215.988.1707 ext. 103 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The 2015 Inclusive Leadership Conference is produced by the Temple University Office of Leadership Development, Temple University Housing and Residential Life, and with support from Vanguard.