Admissions Office Phone:
Office of Undergraduate Admissions:
Office of Financial Aid:
|Office of Financial Aid Phone:
Federal School Code:
Faculty with Doctorate/
Rowan University is a selective, medium-sized public university located in Glassboro, NJ, 20 minutes southeast of Philadelphia. Courses are also offered at our Camden campus, at community colleges and online.
There are eight men’s and 10 women’s NCAA Division III varsity sports teams. Rowan has won a total of 11 national championships in five different sports. Students also take advantage of 30 intramural sport activities and 17 organized club sport programs.
Rowan offers more than 130 clubs and organizations. Students regularly win national recognition, usually competing with larger universities.
Programs of Study
Business, Communication, Education, Engineering, Fine & Performing Arts, Liberal Arts & Sciences, Graduate and Continuing Education, Medicine (being developed)
BA, BFA, BM, BS, BSN, MA, MBA, MED, MEM, MM, MS, MST, EDS, EDD
- 80 undergraduate majors, including three accelerated bachelor’s-to-master’s programs
- 55 majors leading to master’s degrees
- Seven professional certification programs
- 26 graduate certification of graduate study programs
- Six teacher certification programs
- One doctoral program in educational leadership
Rowan has been recognized by national organizations that evaluate colleges and universities.
- US News & World Report ranked Rowan University 23rd of Northern Regional Universities and third among the publics in the category; it also ranked Rowan’s College of Engineering 22nd in the nation.
- The Princeton Review included Rowan in its latest edition of “The Best Northeastern Colleges” and included the Rohrer College of Business in its edition of the “Best 300 Business Schools.”
- Forbes recognized Rowan in its annual listing of “America’s Best Colleges.”
- Beyond education, Rowan’s commitment to the environment was recognized when the U.S. EPA named it a “Top Green Power Purchaser” in its athletic conference and The Princeton Review listed it in its “Guide to 286 Green Colleges.” The University has earned 11 awards for green initiatives since 2007.
- Average Class Size: 20.39 students
- Teaching Policy: All classes are taught by professors. Rowan does not use teaching assistants.
- Study Abroad: 200 Study Abroad programs are available in more than 30 countries.
- Computer Labs: 62 computer labs; 120 tech classrooms; 60% of classrooms are tech-enabled.
- Wi-Fi: Internet access is available indoors and outdoors throughout campus.
- Minority enrollment: 22%
- Average High School Class Rank: top 20%
- Average SAT I Total: 1,173 (571 in Critical Reading and 602 in Mathematics)
- Degrees Awarded in 2009: 2,047 undergraduate, 329 graduate
- Housing: Approximately 3,600 students live on campus in eight residence halls and four apartment complexes.
Directions to Campus
201 Mullica Hill Road
Glassboro, NJ 08028