You did it. Your resume was checked three times over, you created the perfect profile at campusphilly.org/careers and you wrote a humorous yet informative cover letter that rivals Hemingway’s work. All of that hard work lead to this next step: the interview. So, what do you do now?
Don’t Fret. Campus Philly is here with a list that will help ensure that your interview turns into that coveted position.
- Research, Research, Research
- A company’s website is a great place to start learning everything an organization does. Social Media accounts can also be a great resource to learn facts that you slip into the discussion while you’re interviewing.
- Create a List of Questions
- Asking questions during an interview is an absolute must. Not only does it show your interest, it also allows you gain an inside look into your future industry. Come in with a prepared list or ask questions based on the conversation you have.
- Choose the Right Outfit
- That cat sweater may look great on you but it’s probably not the best option for your first impression. Wear something that is professional and clean. When in doubt, it’s better to overdress.
- Write a Thank You Note
- A Thank You note shows that you’ve appreciated the interviewer’s time. It doesn’t need to be long, a couple sentences showing gratitude and recounting points from the conversation will be enough. Want to really stand out? Send a Thank You card in the mail.