This past Saturday, 104.5 hosted its 9th Birthday Show—and it was rockin’. The lineup was comprised of 10 awesome artists, including Twenty One Pilots, AWOLNATION, and The Front Bottoms. BB&T Pavilion (formerly Susquehanna) teamed up with 104.5 to put on the event. But, alas! If you missed it, there’s another birthday show this Friday, June 17th. Headlining this one? You’ve got some big names: Florence and the Machine, Cold War Kids and The Lumineers! Doors are at 1pm and the headlining bands come on around 7pm, so plan your day of music accordingly.
Here’s some #CampusTips to keep you cool (both in temperature and in looks) at the next birthday show. Get prepped for a long, sunny day filled with music and good vibes!
- Let’s talk budget. If you’ve ever been to a concert, you know how crazy the cost can be for food and drinks—prep for that. Put a few bucks aside during the week so that you have money once Friday’s show rolls around. Don’t let the vendors fool you. I promise, one plate of nachos is the move.
- Suns out, guns out. Avoid looking like a lobster by using (and reapplying) sunscreen. You’ll need it, especially if you’re out on the lawn where overhead coverage is non-existent.
- Snapchat filters are #lit. Take pictures! These concerts really do deliver on the fun filters, so use them; these are the moments to remember. That being said, avoid 300 seconds of a blurry feed—keep those SnapStories civilized, peeps.
- Drink tons of water. 104.5’s birthday shows turn some people into camels. Friendly reminder that you are not in fact a camel and you do indeed need to drink water to thrive and survive during your long day out in the sun.
- Bring along a lawn chair or a blanket. If you have tickets for the lawn, you won’t want to be on your feet for the whole day. A comfy blanket or lawn chair is definitely necessary.
- Don’t be ashamed to sneak a nap in between sets. This one is more-so for lawn-goers, but seriously, close your eyes and take a cat nap so that you’re not totally drained by the end of the night.
- Make friends. The people around you can make or break your concert experience—particularly if you find yourself in the pit. Be nice and keep your hands to yourself.
- Wear something comfortable and lightweight. This one speaks for itself. Not a time to wear your Chewbacca mask.
- Be kind to the environment. A little party never killed nobody, so let’s throw out our trash until we drop! But forreal. Clean concerts floors make the long day more enjoyable.
- Have fun. Listen to some bands you’ve never heard before, dance like a fool, and throw your “rock on” hand symbols high into the sky.
#TheMoreYouKnow: There are technically two stages at this event, so be sure to check out the “New Music Discovery Show” stage near the food court outside for more good tunes.
#Tickets: Ranging from $29.50-$99.50.
#GetThere: BB&T Pavilion, 1 Harbour Blvd, Camden, NJ 08103