We know you’re a hardworking bunch so thinking about the weekend has you dancing in your internship office chairs. With it almost being that time to unwind, here are our picks for this weekend AND beyond.
- The Oval+ is hosting free activities during Food and Flicks Friday and Game Day Saturdays until August 20.
- We promise you won’t find any in Dilworth Park but you’ll be able to watch Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them at Friday’s Pictures In the Park.
- The traveling beer garden, Parks on Tap, has planted itself in Aviator Park and Gorgas Park(21+) until Sunday, August 13.
- Photo opps await at Blue Cross RiverRink SummerFest! Your selfie backdrops include a Ferris Wheel, the Ben Franklin Bridge and more.
BLOG BREAK! Add CollegeFest to your calendar– Saturday, September 9 at Dilworth Park next to City Hall from 10 am to 3 p.m. FREE admission to FOURTEEN local museums and cultural venues, hang out with thousands of other college students and more. All you have to do is sign up for express check-in and we’ll see you there!
- Movies in Clark Park happen every Friday until September 1. E.T., Singin’ in the Rain, Hidden Figures and Moana are in the August lineup.
- Pop over to Penn’s Landing on Saturday, August 12 for Festival of India!
- Saturday’s O-Bon Festival “promises lively music, colorful summer kimonos and an infectious dance-step that will give you the experience of being in Japan without the $1,200 airfare.”
- Tap your toes, twirl around, wiggle your behind to tunes at Sunday’s Parks On Tap Jr.: Twilight Music Festival.
- Treat yourself to a nice (discounted, yes!) lunch or dinner during Chestnut Hill’s Restaurant Week happening Sunday, August 13 to Friday, August 18.