Generocity is a local social impact news and events group. Their mission is to build better communities through smarter impact. They do this through news, events and services. Below you’ll find Generocity news and events that matter to you the students!
- At long last, ROAR for Good’s Athena has launched
The wearable tech aimed at reducing sexual assaults is finally out. Cofounder Anthony Gold offered the low-down on what changed about the product during development.
- Peirce College is launching a workforce training program for parents
The program and its “two-generation approach,” supported by a $60,000 grant from United Way, is set to launch in 2018 and is for participants over 18 years old with at least one child in the household.
- This museum exhibit tells the story of everyday items made by prison labor
Temple graduate students Holly Genovese and Joana Arruda helped curate the exhibit at Eastern State Penitentiary called “Made in the U.S.A.”
- M. Asli Dukan hopes her speculative fiction films help people ‘imagine how things can be different’
“For me, as an artist, it’s my way of contributing to the work of social transformation,” said the independent film producer, writer and director, who’s also nominated for Geek of the Year at this year’s Philly Geek Awards.
- ‘The hallmark of activism is unity’ — and other scenes from SustainPHL
The second annual awards event honored 10 people and organizations working in Philly’s sustainability community and featured multiple calls to action.