Is it September yet…? We’re already counting down the days to the start of the fall semester. New roommates, packed class schedules, exciting off-campus events in Philly’s beautiful fall weather… and of course, it’s time for COLLEGEFEST!
Every year, Campus Philly throws a huge festival called CollegeFest in Dilworth Park for thousands of college students in the Philadelphia region. This year’s festival is on Saturday, September 8, and you’re not going to want to miss it.. The day-long (10 a.m. – 3 p.m.), totally free festival takes over the plaza around City Hall with outdoor games, prizes and giveaways from local companies, and live music. There’s also a FREE shuttle for college students to take all across the city, all day long, to visit Philly’s top museums…. for FREE (are you sensing a trend here…?)
There are SO many reasons to attend CollegeFest, but we’ve rounded up the best ones below. Keep checking back here leading up to the event, as we’ll be adding more exhibitors, more performances, and more Philly museums that you can visit on September 8.
- In case we didn’t emphasize this enough already, CollegeFest is FREE for college students like you! That’s right – the festival, the museums, the transportation, the swag… all 100% free. Check out the full list of museums you can visit here – this list will continue to grow!
- It’s so easy to get to Dilworth Park. Google Maps makes it even easier, telling you when SEPTA leaves (regional rail, bus, and subway) and how far you’ll have to walk. Since Dilworth is literally a few feet from Suburban Station (regional rail), 15th Street Station (Market-Frankford subway line), and City Hall Station (Broad Street subway line), you won’t be walking far at all. If you have any questions on how to get there, just shoot us an email!
- You’ll get the best #selfies: you’ll quickly realize how photogenic Philadelphia is – from City Hall, to the Art Museum steps, to the Delaware River waterfront from the Independence Seaport Museum, and all along the Benjamin Franklin Parkway, there will be a ton of Insta Story-worthy spots to take photos. Just be sure to use #CampusPhilly so we can share them, too!
- You’ll meet college students from all over the Philly region. There will be more than 5,000 attendees, and you’ll make unforgettable connections with college students like you from all different campuses, giving you just one more reason to explore a new area of the city and get off your campus for a visit!
- After five hours of exploring, you’ll get a sense of the best spots and coolest neighborhoods to visit in the city after CollegeFest and throughout the semester. Plus, we’ve already rounded up some of our own favorites in the Insider Guide!
- Catch some of the city’s best local artists on the live music stage, with performances throughout the entire day! Stay tuned for the full line-up…. coming soon!
- So. Much. Swag. You’ll walk home with a ton of free stuff from awesome companies like IKEA, Comcast, Lyft, GoPuff, A.C. Moore, Capital One, Sparkling Ice, and so much more – our list is growing every day!
- Challenge friends to outdoor games, like giant jenga, corn hole, a dunk tank, relay races, bubble soccer, and more on the lawn of City Hall.
- Yes, we said bubble soccer, and it deserves to be its own listing because when else can you wear giant inflatable suits and run into your fellow inflatable-suited friends at FULL FORCE!? Yeah, it’s amazing.
- You can ask us ANYTHING! The Campus Philly team will be readily available to answer any questions you have about getting around the city, which free events to attend throughout the year, where to get the best tacos, and anything else you can think of to make your time in Philadelphia the best it can possibly be.
Follow us on Instagram for even MORE events happening in your extended campus, the city of Philadelphia, exclusively for college students like you.
We’re so excited you’re here! Welcome to Philly!