Philly is so centrally located – it’s just an hour from the beach for summer day trips, and just a couple hours from the mountains for skiing and snowboarding in the wintertime. By now you’ve probably realized that you do not need a car to live in Philly (thanks, SEPTA and walkability and bike lanes!) but for those weekends where you’re itching for an outdoor adventure, or just want the flexibility of having a car for you and your friends to get around, there’s Zipcar, and at a super affordable rate.
There are a LOT of discounts you can get just by being a college student in Philly, and that includes Zipcar – for just $15/year (that’s an $80 discount!) you can become a member and have a car at the ready whenever you need it.
We’ve rounded up our top picks for day trip winter activities in Philly, below. Sign up for Zipcar today and text your friends – you’re driving! And as any good passenger knows, they’re responsible for a Wawa run before the road trip for snacks.
- There’s plenty of room for gear, and more
friends, in one of Zipcar’s Jeep Renegades! If you ski or snowboard, or just
want an excuse to cozy up in a mountain lodge with hot cocoa, head to one of
these ski resorts just a few hours outside the city. Don’t forget to bring your
student ID to take advantage of their discounts for college students!
- Blue Mountain (1.5 hours away; 8-hour $30 lift tickets)
- Jack Frost / Big Boulder (1.5
hours away; student discounts on Wednesdays)
- $33 lift tickets at Jack Frost
- $15 lift tickets at Big Boulder
- Bear Creek (1 hour, 15 minutes away; College Day Monday-Thursday, $25 extended day lift ticket)
- Do you and your friends need a ride to the FREE Radio 104.5 Winter Jawn on Saturday, January 26 at Xfinity Live? Snag a Zipcar vehicle that seats up to you and 6 friends so you can enjoy performances by Young The Giant, Matt & Kim, lovelytheband, The Interrupters, and so many more. Did we mention the event is FREE??
- If you’re looking for volunteer opportunities in honor of Martin Luther King, Jr. Day, or just want to do some good this winter, Zipcar is a proud supporter of Philly Food Rescue. Rent a Zipcar and help volunteer this winter by transporting food from donors to recipient partners. You can be a food rescue hero and help provide better access to food where people live, work and gather by volunteering with Philly Food Rescue. Read more about the organization, and learn how YOU can make a difference. Rent a Zipcar and spend your day transporting food to those who need it most!
Get excited – there’s endless possibilities of where to explore around the Philly region, and with the ease of renting a Zipcar and the super affordable student discount of just $15 for the year, there’s no reason to not join. Road trip, anyone?