Featured in this guide:
- Start from Scratch: Writing Your Resume & Cover Letter
- Update, or Create, Your LinkedIn Profile
- Hear Real Job Advice from Real People
- Find a Job with These Tools
- Additional Career Resources from Our Team & Arcadia University
Start with developing a sharp resume and writing a professional cover letter. You’ll be sharing your resume with your network and sending personalized cover letters to hiring managers when applying to various jobs—so read our advice, linked above, on how to make each interaction count.
Not only is LinkedIn a great tool to leverage in your job search, but it’s also a platform to showcase your talents and grow your network.
Whether you’re just beginning to create your profile or you’re looking to spruce things up a bit, we’ve got you covered on everything LinkedIn. Learn about making connections, asking for endorsements, and more, with advice from our team and the pros over at Accolade.
At Campus Philly, we often chat with people working in a range of industries to learn and hear about their Philly story. Hearing advice from real people, all working, living, and thriving in the Greater Philadelphia Area, gives us insight into how we can better assist you with our career resources.
We’ve converted many of these chats into interviews, which you can now read on our site. Here are a few that may be particularly helpful as you search for a gig during this time:
- Get inspired by these two Drexel grads who are disrupting the drink industry with their new sustainable beverage, Reveal
- Hear about the transition from college to career from Colleen Evans, the Innovation Studio’s Operations Manager at Vanguard
- Learn about what it’s like to work for Comcast from Creative Director, Sabina Fletcher.
- Get all the interviewing tips from Matthew Vesely, Junior Copywriter at Tierney
And, alternatively, we’ve got you covered on those non-linear career questions, too. Hear reassuring and honest stories about careers not going as planned, and how our team, along with how Jess from Energage, persevered every step of the way.
The Campus Philly Job Board is the place to start your job search. With new job-search filtering options, new gigs added weekly, and free career resources there whenever you need them, we’ve got you covered on all things job-hunting.
These are unprecedented times, but companies are still hiring. So, wherever you are in your job search: Use the tips above, get your career materials in order, utilize our Job Board to search for gigs, and use the below resources to expand your search.
More job sites to leverage:
- Get career planning support from Arcadia University’s Office of Career Education.
Arcadia University has provided an overview of how COVID-19 is impacting employers to help you better understand the hiring outlook and economic landscape. Read through their guide today, featuring practical advice to help you manage your career planning over the next few months, with:
- Links to get hired remotely
- Tips on how to find jobs in the current job market
- Advice on how to transition from college to career
- And more!
We’re in the midst of unprecedented times, and though common, virtual interviewing has become the new standard—and we want you to have all the tools you need to succeed. We’ve compiled our advice on nailing your virtual interview, along with some tips from the experts at Vanguard, Shift Profile, and Juno!
Plus, you can check out a recorded version of our recent Campus Philly Conversation, where we chat all things virtual interviewing and more with Anna Papalia of Shift Profile.