Congratulations, Class of 2020! Insert balloons, champagne, cheers—maybe some tears, but definitely cake—here.
A quick note from us: We know this is probably not the way you thought you’d be celebrating your graduation. We’re with you, we feel you, and we are sending all the positive vibes your way.
What we do have is this: A lineup of all the ways you can celebrate YOU this graduation season—in classic Philly style, of course.
Celebrate Your Moment with the Iconic Philadelphia Orchestra
The Philadelphia Orchestra has released a recording of Elgar’s Pomp and Circumstance No. 1, recorded at the Academy of Music’s 163rd Anniversary Concert, for graduation ceremonies and celebrations.
Don your cap & gown and get ready to walk across the (living room) stage with the Philadelphia Orchestra. Tune in for free!
Get Into the Spirit with iHeartRadio’s Commencement Podcast
This one’s a treat for the ears!
Listen to inspiring, funny, and heartwarming commencement speeches with iHeartRadio’s Commencement Podcast: Speeches for the Class of 2020.
From musicians like John Legend and Halsey, to comedians like Chelsea Handler and Jimmy Fallon, to best-selling author John Green and loads more, celebrate your milestone with speeches from some of the best in the business.
See the entire list here!
Order Philly’s Finest Foods
Treat yourself to the most delicious Philly bites to celebrate your big day. Plus, check out some just-for-you deals from national chains!
- Get family-style meals with curbside delivery or pickup from Di Bruno Brothers. Check out their menu here!
- Enjoy your favorite dishes from Parc, with fresh bread, cheeses, and bottles of wine available with every purchase! You can call ahead for pick up or order delivery here.
- Order a cocktail kit and Family Meal (serves up to four people) from Barcelona Wine Bar. Check out their menu here!
Deals Just for the Graduate
- Get a dozen free donuts on Tuesday, May 19, when you visit your local Krispy Kreme in your cap and gown (while still adhering to social distancing practices!).
- Now through June 28, snag a complimentary filet from Ruth’s Chris Steak House with the purchase of any two entrees.
- From May 21 through June 30, the first 5,000 customers who purchase a grad-themed gift card will get a coupon code for a free entree (with the purchase of any entree) at Chipotle. Get your burrito on, grads!
Bonus: Check out our Philly Foodie Guide covering more places to get sweet treats and savory bites, all from Philly’s favorite student foodies!
Snag the Perfect Shot
Philly is a city full of iconic landmarks, stunning parks, and amazing views. And yes, you need a graduation photo that’s as iconic as this city. Just remember to be safe, smart, and adhere to social distancing practices as you move about.
Check out some of our recommendations below:
- Philadelphia City Hall: Does it get more iconic than this?
- Fairmount Park: Just picture the cherry blossom background. Gasp. The beauty!
- Elfreth’s Alley: A perfect place to celebrate your historic moment.
- Along the Schuylkill: Because this is your city now. Everything the light touches is your kingdom!
- Race Street Pier: The Waterfront makes for a gorgeous backdrop.
Get Excited for What’s to Come
OK, easier said than done in this current climate, we know. But, remember why you chose Philly to attend college: This is your city now, and your future starts here—right in the best city ever.
So, whether you’re looking for a job or need some tools to get you on the right path, we’re still here for you. Utilize our careers site or check out our guide on the 5 Ways to Get a Job Right Now, and, of course all the resources in between.
Plus, keep following us on Instagram to stay in-the-know on all the great ways you can engage with Philly. You’re a young pro now, and we’re so happy to have you here.
Cheers to you, Class of 2020!