Yo, Philly! Looking for ways to keep the Philly vibe alive from home? We’ve got everything you need right here.
Featured in this Guide:
- Weekly Virtual Events
- Things to Do in Fairmount
- Ways to Enjoy Center City
- Places to Support in University City & West Philly
- Things to Check Out in Spring Arts
- What to Do in East Passyunk & South Philly
- Ways to Explore Old City
Check out these ongoing Philly events!
- Campus Philly Conversations: Come hang with the Campus Philly team every Wednesday at 3 P.M. We’ll be chatting all things Philly with you and special guests. Join us!
- Young Involved Philadelphia: Join YIP for a virtual check-in every Tuesday at 6 P.M. In these “Pulse Checks,” a member of the YIP board will facilitate a conversation to help us stay connected as a community. Follow them on Instagram to learn more and join!
- Virtually support and enjoy the best of Philly with Visit Philly’s Facebook livestream series, Philly Live Weekends. Check out chefs, performers, artists and more Philadelphians working and playing from home!
- Adventure Aquarium is bringing you inside the aquarium with their encounters from home! From sharks to penguins and everything in between, you can experience it daily, all online.
- Live From Home: Connect with your favorite artists with Live Nation’s virtual music hub, “Live from Home,” updated daily with livestreams, new music, and exclusive artist content.
- Join B. PHL for weekly Fireside Chats on Facebook Live!
- Philly Sports: Catch throwback Phillies games and interviews when you tune into Phillies on the Air, keep up with the Philadelphia 76ers with their weekly podcast, or hit rewind on an oldie-but-a-goodie with the NBC Sports Philadelphia Flyers livestream.
- REC Philly: REC has converted all their programming to digital! Tune in for office hours, REC sessions, creative coaching, curriculum deep-dives, and more.
- Philly DJs: Check out free, live sets from Philly DJs, with @matthewlawofficial Thursdays at 8 p.m., @cosmobaker Mondays at 7 p.m., Romain PG’s “Stay Home Club” on Facebook Live daily, and @questlove and @diplo, well, whenever they feel like it. View the full list here.
- Take a virtual tour of the Kimmel Center—and BYO tunes with their #ArtHappensAtHome playlists on Spotify!
- Free Fridays with General Assembly: From coding, to data and marketing, to UX design and career development, explore workshops every Friday with General Assembly.
- Center City Fit is going virtual! Take an interactive Zumba class or sweat out the stress with a Boot Camp—all livestreams will be available for participants to re-watch, too.
Things to Do in Fairmount
Starting your virtual day in Fairmount? There’s a ton to do in this neighborhood! The Philadelphia Museum of Art is a great place to begin: Search through their online collections and experience some of the best art in Philadelphia. For the full experience, rewatch Rocky (if you know, you know.)
A bike ride along Kelly Drive is another must, especially if you’re looking to get outside. You can even check out The Free Library of Philadelphia’s digital database, with free podcasts, audiobooks, and more to keep you company as you ride along, too.
See more of our top picks below:
- Slather some butter on your popcorn, turn down the lights, and sink into a virtual tour of America’s most historic prison, Eastern State Penitentiary. (Alternatively, if you don’t want to make it spooky: Keep your lights on. Eat ice cream. Obviously.)
- Taco Tuesday? Get your taco fix from Buena Onda, available for delivery.
- Science From Home: Join The Academy of Natural Sciences in interactive activities weekly or explore their many exhibits online.
- Get in a leisurely walk or brisk jog around Fairmount Park: One of our favorite spots for fresh air and Cherry Blossom views
- Dress up for a night out (read: night in) at The Barnes! View the collections, including past and present exhibitions, all online.
Ways to Enjoy Center City
If Mac & Cheese is your breakfast, lunch, and dinner most days (not judging—applauding), your day in Center City starts here. Supporting local businesses like Mac Mart, DanDan, and Dig Rittenhouse, along with this entire list of spots from Center City District, is the best way to keep the community flourishing.
Plus, you can sweat out the calories from all those good eats with Barre3 Rittenhouse! They’re hosting workout classes on their IGTV Live everyday. And believe us when we say it: Barre is a workout.
Here are some of our other picks:
- Get ready for date night with the Philadelphia Orchestra—now virtual! Listen to on-demand concerts, enjoy interactive activities, and more, all courtesy of the Virtual Philadelphia Orchestra.
- Explore online exhibitions with The Mütter Museum! Check out our favorite: Memento Mütter. This one invites you to view, magnify, rotate, and interact with tools and specimens like never before.
- Explore The Rosenbach’s historic collections online. There’s a ton to discover!
- Online Events with PAFA: Learn, laugh, and listen to the experts with PAFA’s online classes, happening weekly.
- Take a stroll through Washington Square Park for some fresh air. Bring a good audiobook or true crime podcast, too. (To enhance your relaxation, of course…).
- Walk, jog, or bike along the trail at Schuylkill Banks. Don’t have a bike? Get around with Indego!
Places to Support in University City & West Philly
Once you’ve walked it out for the day, get comfy on the couch and explore the Penn Museum’s online collections or binge-watch some of our favorite Philly flicks: We’re talking The Blob, Creed, The Sixth Sense… You know, national treasures. Philly Mag’s got a great list of movies to watch here, too!
More things to do:
- Visit The Woodlands for an outdoor stroll, open daily from dusk to dawn. Perhaps you picnic?
- Make a day of enjoying Mindfulness at the Museum with the Institute of Contemporary Arts.
- Join Venture Cafe for their Thursday Gatherings from 3-8 P.M. each week, where you’ll connect with other innovators in the community. Bonus: For best results, pair with cheese and crackers.
- See your favorite cuddly creatures with the Philadelphia Zoo’s new series, Philly Zoo at 2, only on Facebook Live!
- Philly Zoo to You: Take a scavenger hunt, try your hand at the Meerkat Maze, or test your knowledge with the Emu Word Scramble—there’s a ton to do virtually at the Zoo!
- Get your namaste on with free, live-stream yoga classes every day hosted by Tuck Barre & Yoga.
Things to Check Out in Spring Arts
A virtual day in Spring Arts awaits! But first, find amazing city views at The Rail Park (and tag us in your photos on Instagram!) then order an at-home pizza-making kit from Wood Street Pizza, because you’re a chef now, right?
Sidebar: DM us if you know how to make bread. From scratch. Like the whole thing. We’ve got a lot of questions about this new movement.
Some more things to do:
- Build your upper body, lower body, basically all the body, strength with The Cliffs at Callowhill’s daily IGTV workouts.
- Learn how to steam perfect soup dumplings from the masters at Dim Sum Garden.
- Take a walk through Franklin Square (RIP mini-golf) or bring a book and hang out on a bench! Simple activities still rock.
What to Do in East Passyunk & South Philly
This neighborhood screams food. It’s us. We’re screaming “fooooood!”
More things to check out:
- Take a pleasant stroll down East Passyunk Avenue.
- Visit the Singing Fountain for some fresh air. BYO tunes.
- Put on your stretchiest pants and enjoy an online yoga class every Tuesday with Palo Santo Yoga.
- Visit Philadelphia’s Magic Gardens from home with their virtual tours, activity sheets (coloring contest, anyone?), and more!
- 21+? Get takeout, along with at-home cocktail kits, from Barcelona Wine Bar! Talk about a quarantini.
Ways to Explore Old City
Ah, Old City. This one’s full of virtual tours!
Here are the top things to do:
- Tour the National Constitution Center virtually with this interactive guide.
- Explore collections, both past and present, at the National Museum of American Jewish History online.
- Sushi-lover-alert! Make Tuna Bar’s customer-favorite dishes from home with DIY recipes.
- Check out the virtual exhibition at Cherry Street Pier. Experience the dynamic display of pieces featured at the Pier over the last year!
- Explore history, art, and science virtually with the American Philosophical Society! Join a virtual discussion, register for an upcoming program, check out a virtual symposium, and more.
- Explore the Betsy Ross House and learn about its history with a virtual tour.
- Learn a new skill with The Clay Studio’s “Clay at Home,” a new series of online how-to videos, artist talks, and more. Make it a family affair (because sometimes you really need an activity on those family Zoom calls).
We’re here for you, Philly.