Campus Philly’s Opportunity Fair is a virtual career fair with 30+ employers currently hiring for jobs and internships, grad schools who can provide you with more information about their programs, and professional organizations that you can join to grow your network and develop your career! It’s all taking place on Thursday, April 15, from 3-6pm on Brazen.
A special thanks to our sponsors, Comcast and Saint Joseph’s University! Comcast is hiring, and St. Joe’s will be sharing information on their graduate programs, so be sure to stop by their virtual booths to introduce yourself and learn more.
Whether you’re graduating college this spring, or are a few years out of school and trying to determine your next step, it’s OK to not have everything figured out quite yet. Check out these five tips for making the most of Opportunity Fair!
1. Just like any networking event, you don’t have to stay for the entire time. Opportunity Fair will take place from 3 to 6pm, and you can pop on whenever it works for your schedule!
2. Check out the list of employers here and make your plan NOW to decide who you want to connect with. Be sure to research the companies in advance so you know what they do, and the types of roles for which they’re hiring.
Campus Philly Tip: Prior to and during the event, you’ll have the ability to search for employers and organizations using the “Search Booths” field on the left-side menu of the event lobby in Brazen!
Filter your results by:
- Full- and part-time jobs
- Internship opportunities
- Volunteer opportunities
- Grad schools
- Professional development opportunities
- Companies hiring international students
Brazen will automatically filter the booths based on your selection(s), and you’ll be able to “get in line” to chat with a representative!
3. Utilize Campus Philly’s resources during the event. Campus Philly’s career advice and quick tips, Instagram Highlights with FAQs, and more will be available to you in the sidebar to get you excited to network (brush up on our latest career advice here!)
4. Be ready to chat! Make sure that the sound on your computer is turned up, and listen for the chime so you know that your chat has started. Conversations are timed, so we suggest keeping it short and simple. There’s no limit to the number of chats you can have throughout the event, so return to the lobby to pick another booth when you’re done. Have fun!
Campus Philly Tip: Always thank the recruiter before ending your conversation. Treat each virtual chat like an in-person conversation—you wouldn’t just walk away from a recruiter mid-conversation, right?
As your conversation wraps up, thank the recruiter for their time, and ask if you can stay in touch. Fostering a relationship now is the best way to secure an opportunity down the road!
5. We will have a Campus Philly booth during the event, so come say hi! The Campus Philly team is here to support you. Stop by our booth to chat with a member of our team if you have any questions about how to connect with a recruiter.
Plus, keep an eye out for messages from our team throughout the event on the bottom right of your screen… We’ll be sharing networking tips and Brazen advice, information about Broadcast Booths (more on this to come!), and will let you know when to head back to the lobby to continue connecting!
BONUS: Attending Opportunity Fair grants you a discount on REC Philly’s membership. You’ll receive your first month free after the initial sign-up fee. We’ll send an email after Opportunity Fair with ALL the info you need to claim this FREE month at Philly’s 10,000-square-foot creative space. Learn more about REC here!
Be sure to follow us on Instagram for event updates, and share the registration link with a friend, roommate, or classmate! We’ll see you on April 15 from 3-6pm for Opportunity Fair.