September 7, 2019 | 10am-3pm | Dilworth Park
Kick off the semester – and your Philly college experience – with students from all over the region at CollegeFest on Saturday, September 7 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. CollegeFest is Campus Philly’s all-day, totally-free festival in Dilworth Park (right next to City Hall!) featuring outdoor games, prizes, giveaways, pop-up performances, and FREE admission and transportation to Philly’s top museums. Check out the photos from 2017 and 2018 to see why this is the best event of the fall semester!
Here’s the plan for Saturday, September 7:
1. Check-in at the Campus Philly tent at Dilworth Park (skip the line by signing up for Express Check-In)
– The college with the most attendees will win the Campus Philly cup!
– Get an event map, scavenger hunt, and wristband for free access to museums and the Philly PHLASH Downtown Bus Loop
2. Start things off:
– Play games and win prizes from our exhibitors
– Challenge your friends to Bubble Sports on the lawn
– Catch the pop-up performances throughout the day, happening hourly
3. Explore the city!
– Ride the Philly PHLASH Downtown Bus Loop for free with your Campus Philly wristband
– Enjoy free admission all day at participating museums:
- Museum of American Revolution
- Franklin Institute
- Eastern State Penitentiary
- National Constitution Center
- Academy of Natural Sciences
- Philadelphia Museum of Art
- Rodin Museum
- Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts
- American Philosophical Society
- Fabric Workshop and Museum
- National Liberty Museum
- National Museum of American Jewish History
- The Historic Houses of Fairmount Park (Cedar Grove, Historic Strawberry Mansion, Laurel Hill Mansion, Lemon Hill Mansion, and Woodford Mansion)
- … plus all-weekend discounts at the Walnut Street Theatre and an exclusive scavenger hunt at Reading Terminal Market.
Students must first check-in at the Campus Philly tent at CollegeFest with their student ID to take advantage of the free PHLASH rides and museum admission.
- Contact Patrick Sherlock firstname.lastname@example.org for information on bringing a group of students to the event!
- Keep in touch. Follow Campus Philly on Instagram and subscribe to our Insider newsletter for updates on CollegeFest 2019!
- Relive the day, find your friends in our Facebook Photo Album from CollegeFest 2018
- Join us this year! Exhibitors and cultural partners can email Naima Murphy at email@example.com to reserve space now for 2019. Download our sales kit to learn more.
- Download the fact sheet for information on bringing a group of students to the event!
Check out the video from CollegeFest 2018!
How much does it cost to attend CollegeFest?
Nothing! CollegeFest is absolutely free. We’ll have games and giveaways on-site, just bring some money to buy snacks from the food vendors.
Can my visiting friend from out of state attend CollegeFest?
Absolutely, you don’t need to be from the area.
Can I start out at the museums before coming to the Dilworth Park festival?
Check in at Dilworth Park first (that’s where the festival is!) – there, you’ll get a Campus Philly wristband for free museum admission at the Philadelphia Museum of Art and our other participating museums.
Can my best friend/partner/child/parent who’s not in college join me?
Sure! CollegeFest at Dilworth Park is a public event that’s free and open to anyone, though the event is geared toward current college students and some of the primary features – free museum admission and rides on the PHLASH – are only available to students who first check in at the Campus Philly tent with their college ID and receive a free wristband.
Those without a student ID can still participate, but they’ll have to pay their own way on the PHLASH and visiting museums. Many of the exhibitors on site at Dilworth Park are geared toward the college-age audience as well.
How can I get to CollegeFest?
Ask your student activities office if there’s a group trip being planned, or if transportation is being provided from campus. Or look up a route using ISEPTAPHILLY.COM – you’ll find the Broad Street Line, Market-Frankford Line, and Green Line Trolleys all stop directly under the site at Dilworth Park; in addition, Regional Rail trains stop at Suburban Station just one block away and Lyft will have a special pick-up/drop-off stop setup adjacent to Dilworth Park at City Hall.