For this upcoming tax season, CWF is seeking highly motivated and tech-savvy individuals to fill our multiple Tax Associate intern positions, both for our virtual and in-person tax prep programs. All students, no matter your major, are encouraged to apply, because each intern will learn critical skills that will not only enhance your resume but also your prospects for employment upon graduation. This opportunity is also WorkStudy and academic credit eligible.
Individuals should possess strong quantitative skills and be extremely detail-oriented. Previous accounting and/or tax preparation experience is a plus but not required since training is provided. All majors are encouraged to apply! Tax Associates will be engaged in various roles including tax preparation and Quality Review, as well as operations/administrative support. Duties and responsibilities may expand based upon individual strengths and schedule availability.
Requirements & Responsibilities:
○ Complete 24 hours of tax prep training (in-person or virtual)
○ Assist with in-person tax prep trainings held in January for volunteers (or virtual equivalent)
○ Commit to 12-16 hours per week from mid January through April 15th (min 130 hours)
○ Attend our annual Financial Wellness Day (or virtual equivalent)
○ Serve at least one shift with our Mobile Tax Team (or virtual equivalent)
○ Work closely with Site Management Team and serve as Quality Reviewer
○ Support Site Management Team in administrative tasks
○ Complete internship survey upon successful completion of program
Only students who can fulfill the commitments outlined above are encouraged to apply.