Student Engagement Coordinator Internship with Campus Philly
May to September 2023
(View PDF of Job Description here)
ORGANIZATION AND PROGRAM BACKGROUND:
Mission: Campus Philly fuels inclusive economic growth by empowering diverse college students and recent graduates to explore, live and work in Greater Philadelphia.
Campus Philly works with more than 30 colleges and universities across the region to help students “find their fit” in Philadelphia through community-building events at iconic Philadelphia locations, jobs and internships in the region, as well as resources and programs specifically for college students and recent graduates.
Throughout the spring, summer, and early fall, Campus Philly visits our partner school campuses to meet directly with students and introduce Campus Philly – our programs, events, and resources – while tabling at involvement fairs, welcome week and freshman orientation events.
This position is ideal for someone interested in marketing, event planning/coordination, public relations, hospitality, and project management. A large portion of this position is maintaining and building relationships with our college partner staff, students, and Street Team.
The Student Engagement Coordinator will report directly to Campus Philly’s Vice President, Strategy and Communications and will collaborate regularly with: on-campus staff to organize logistics for each date, current and prospective Street Team members to staff on-campus events, and with Campus Philly staff to ensure materials are available for all dates and new student members are efficiently added to the organization’s database. The ideal team member is one who is highly organized, adaptable, a confident communicator (written and verbal), a self-starter, and has a driver’s license + access to a reliable vehicle.
BENEFITS OF THE POSITION:
- Meet students from across the greater Philadelphia region!
- Share your “Philly story” with first-year students navigating the city for the first time
- Sharpen organizational and communication skills
- Build contacts with staff at Campus Philly’s 30+ partner colleges and universities
- Gain experience for future employment and leadership positions
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE (but are not limited to):
Event coordination and staffing:
- Develop job description, host interviews, and hire 5-10 new Street Team members, with support from Vice President, Strategy and Communications
- Lead the Street Team orientation and training, and, as needed, subsequent team meetings
- Refresh the Street Team “script” and FAQs for 2023
- Reach out to and follow-up with college partner staff to schedule tabling events, including Admitted Students Days, Welcome Weeks, Orientations, and Career Fairs
- Keep track of all events in Excel, including key details such as date, time, point of contact, number of event attendees, and Street Team members assigned
- Manage Street Team members to ensure all on-campus dates are staffed in advance, assignments documented, and members paid; receive and organize hours, mileage, and other expenses with Campus Philly’s Director of Operations
- Ensure proper distribution to Street Team members for on-campus events
- Monitor Street Team members’ performance and timeliness
- Adapt to changes in needs and scheduling to help with unexpected challenges; fill in for on-campus events and presentations, as needed
- Work with VP of Strategy and Communications to coordinate “Philly Night Out” events including Street Team staffing, signage and swag items for attendees
Marketing materials and content:
- Develop an updated Philly 101 presentation and deliver to students and interns; edit presentation as events and activities change
- Work with Director of Content and Creative to crowdsource new designs for Campus Philly swag including stickers and buttons; order new inventory for 2023 season and replenish as needed
- Create and update signage for all on-campus events with trackable QR codes, clear calls-to-action, and engaging ways for students to join the Campus Philly community
- Work with Partnerships team to secure exciting new swag items to distribute on-campus
- Develop a content plan to encourage Street Team members to take photos and videos to be shared on Campus Philly’s social media
- Brainstorm activations for tabling events, such as giveaways, games, etc.
- Work with Campus Philly team to plan and coordinate details for CollegeFest, including Street Team staffing, swag distribution, museum activations, and Block Party logistics
- Assist with content development (social media and email) as needed
- Regularly update Campus Philly’s database of on-campus partners; research new contacts, as needed
$15 per hour, plus reimbursement for travel expenses (mileage, SEPTA, etc.)
HOW TO APPLY:
Email your resume + a brief message highlighting why you’d be a perfect fit for this role to Marissa Christie, Vice President of Strategy and Communications, at [email protected].