Link to apply https://ibxhome.referrals.selectminds.com/jobs/associate-account-executive-sales-hybrid-4488
Bring your drive for excellence, teamwork, and customer commitment to Independence. Join us as we renew and reimagine the future of health care. Together we will achieve our mission to enhance the health and well-being of the people and communities we serve.
At Independence, everyone can feel valued, supported, and comfortable to be themselves. Our commitment to equity means that all associates have a fair opportunity to achieve their full potential. We put these principles into action every day by acting with integrity and respect. We stand together to speak out against injustice and to break down barriers to support a more inclusive and equitable workplace. Celebrating and embracing the diverse thoughts and perspectives that make up our workforce means our company is more vibrant, innovative, and better able to support the people and communities we serve.
The Associate Account Executive works with the Account Sales Rep, Account Manager, and Functional Management to manage external customer, client, consultant, or broker relationships. Assists in the development and execution of sales strategy for each group customer or prospect. Participates in sales meetings, presentations, and site visits to cultivate account relationships. Ensures all sales and account related issues are addressed.
· Builds effective relationships with customers, clients, consultants, or brokers in which maximize sales opportunities
· Participates in sales meetings, presentations, and site visits to cultivate account relationships with Group Leaders, Consultants, Brokers, and Members. Attends external events with clients as needed.
· Works with Account Sales Rep and Account Support Representative to ensure that all sales and account related issues are addressed. Communicates status, issues, risk, exposure, and recommendations to same on a timely basis.
· May create benefit exceptions and submit rate quotes and RFPs.
· Builds effective relationships with customers/clients/consultants/brokers in which maximize sales opportunities
· Depending on segment may manage a client on an interim or permanent basis.
· Responsible for strategic and consultative presentations of products to customers/clients and prospects. Provides input and partners with Communications department regarding presentations and sales materials as needed.
· Provides professional presentations and/or open enrollments (where applicable) to a variety of audiences.
· Works collaboratively with Functional Management, Account Sales Rep, segment team to understand and meet all strategic initiatives and goals within the segment
· Works with Account Sales Rep and segment partners to understand and effectively communicate rating alternatives and funding arrangements applicable within the segment. May deliver renewals/quotes/no quote decisions (where applicable).
· Actively demonstrates comprehensive understanding of products offerings, the competitive environment, and the industry.
· Analyzes and interprets trend data to provide recommendations to maximize sales opportunities.
· Participates in on-going account management, (depending on segment size) including renewals, settlements, proposals, benefit exceptions and customer reporting.
· Identifies trends, actively seeks to work for resolution of customer issues within segment.
· Accountable for utilization of CRM tool to maximize sales opportunities.
· Depending on segment may be responsible for project management of implementation of sold accounts. May be responsible for creation of transition sheets with pertinent information of tasks required to move sold accounts from new business to retention team.
· Must maintain active sales license
· Performs other duties and special projects as required.
The Associate Account Executive role may work in various sales segments in either the Philadelphia or Plymouth Meeting offices.
· Bachelor’s degree in Risk Management, Business, or related field, or equivalent experience is required.
· A minimum of two years’ work experience, preferably in sales or fast paced environment where building relationships/repeat customers is essential.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
· Must have the ability to develop and facilitate presentations.
· Demonstrated ability to function in a high-volume, highly visible, deadline-oriented environment is essential. Flexibility in a variety of settings and ability to work under pressure.
· Demonstrated experience with the MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
· Strong strategic and analytical skills. Ability to analyze data and provide solutions.
· Excellent customer and broker/consultant relationship skills.
· Able to work collaboratively with functional areas within segment.
· Self-motivated, goal oriented and able to work independently with drive to excel.
· Knowledge of medical & ancillary products, services, and administration preferred.
· Health insurance experience preferred.
· Experience with Customer Relationship Management packages, such as ROAM strongly preferred.
· Candidates must possess active PA State Accident & Health license (or obtained within the first 60 days of hire into position).
· Candidates must have a valid driver’s license and a reliable car for visits to client or consultant meeting locations and must have cell phone. Out of area travel may be required.
Independence Blue Cross is committed to the health, safety, and well-being of our associates. In support of that focus, Independence expects all new hires to be fully vaccinated* against COVID-19. Independence’s policy provides reasonable accommodations for medical or religious reasons as
required by law. The process for requesting a reasonable accommodation is communicated to candidates when they are offered employment.
* To be considered up to date with the COVID-19 vaccination and booster, individuals must have received an initial series of the vaccine (whether a 1-dose or 2-dose series) and timely receive a booster once eligible. Individuals not yet eligible to receive a booster shot(s) will be required to timely obtain booster(s) once eligible.
Hybrid Work Model:
Independence has implemented a “Hybrid of Choice” model which provides our associates with the flexibility to choose whether to work remotely, work in the office every day, or work in the office on certain days at their discretion. However, management may require our associates to work from Independence’s physical office locations on certain occasions. This role is designated as a role that fits into the “Hybrid of Choice” model. While associates may work remotely, the work must be performed in the Tri-State Area of Delaware, New Jersey, or Pennsylvania.