The Campus Philly team is seeking a remote intern for the spring 2021 semester (starting in February 2021) who is interested in gaining experience in content marketing and data analytics.
This intern will work closely with the Senior Content Marketing Manager, as well as the Marketing Data Analyst, and will focus on all aspects of content marketing, including producing, managing, and promoting written content such as blogs, social media posts, and email campaigns, as well as analyzing and synthesizing the data from each project, including web traffic, social engagement, email impressions, and more.
Here are some of the things the spring 2021 intern will do throughout the semester:
• Create engaging content for Campus Philly geared specifically toward Philadelphia-area college students and recent graduates, to be shared on Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook
• Report on impressions, engagement, and website traffic from this content, using Google Analytics and Instagram Analytics to cull data and draw conclusions from results
• Recruit and work with student influencers to generate new, fresh content for the spring semester
• Manage and maintain the Campus Philly calendar, reporting event traffic and popularity on a monthly basis and providing recommendations for future events
• Populate our Job Board with Philly-area job and internship listings, and analyze top-performing jobs to present to Campus Philly stakeholders
• Contribute student-focused blog posts on a regular basis
• Develop surveys to share with student audience and analyze results in collaboration with Marketing Data Analyst
• Monitor student and stakeholder records in Salesforce, our internal relationship management database, to maintain and update information as needed
• Review, edit, and analyze email marketing campaigns in Mailchimp, our email marketing program, and report on clicks, impressions, and opens
You’ll work with the Student Engagement Team and Partnerships Team on content marketing strategy and analysis, and you’ll also gain additional experience in virtual event planning and marketing, relationship management, and more.
If you love writing, have a passion and skill for all things social media marketing, and love talking about Philadelphia as much as we do, submit an application today—we’d love to hear from you! Please include a short writing sample with your application. Thanks!
• Has strong creative writing skills
• Has a prior knowledge of Excel and Google Analytics
• Has an interest in content marketing and analytics
• Is active on Instagram, and is comfortable using Twitter and Facebook
• Is detail-oriented, with an appreciation for grammar, spelling, and proofreading
• Has a strong on-campus following
• Is analytical, curious, and proactive
• Knows the best GIFs, emojis, and hashtags to use in Instagram stories
• Has strong interpersonal skills
• Has a passion for sharing their experience in Philadelphia through social media and/or written content
• Is able to perform this role remotely and has a functional phone, computer, and Internet service for Zoom meetings with the Campus Philly team
Students who identify as Black, Brown, Indigenous, or a Person of Color strongly encouraged to apply.
This internship will require ten (10) hours per week, and will take place over a 12-week period during the spring semester beginning in February 2021. The stipend for this internship is $1,500.
Interested? Email your resume and writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 5, 2021.