Health Advocate is looking for Claims Service Specialists.
Health Advocate is looking for Claims Specialists to join our team. A Claims Specialist at Health Advocate plays an important role in assisting members in understanding their healthcare claims status. The Claims Specialists resolve adjudication issues with health plans and third party administrators. It is an integral role to help our members get the most of their healthcare benefits.
We offer Great Benefits! The benefits package for this position includes very generous Paid Time Off (PTO), paid holiday policy, tuition reimbursement and a 401(k) with a match.
Health Advocate has an Onsite fitness facility, yoga classes, Employee Assistance Program, wellness programs, and employee activities to support employees with various goals.
Hours of Operation: Monday through Friday
A Claims Specialist is responsible for handling assigned claims cases in a timely manner to identify opportunities to resolve or explain member claim issues. by working with plan documents, carriers, providers, and members.
• Handle assigned cases in a timely manner to identify opportunities to resolve the issue by working with plan documents, carriers, providers, and members
• Research billing issues to determine the possible cause of the error and assist with claims resubmission when needed to correct the issue
• Assist members with setting up payment arrangements which may include reaching out to healthcare providers to determine payment options and discussing options with supervisor
• Resolve questions related to Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA), Health Reimbursement Accounts (HRA), Health Spending Accounts (HSA)
• Exercise exceptional customer service skills in an effort to optimize each contact with the member
• High School Degree or GED required
• Associate degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in business administration, liberal ar