This is a full-time research assistant position that will support Dr. Senbagam Virudachalam’s research projects at the Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia. Dr. Virudachalam is a primary care physician and her research focuses on food justice, advancing equity in diet quality and health outcomes for all children. The primary project involves working with food-insecure families to promote fruit and vegetable consumption through vouchers and a food literacy and cooking skills intervention. The goal of this pilot is to empower low-income families to achieve improved fruit and vegetable intake.
Providing technical and clinical support in the conduct of clinical studies:
• Filing and office organization
• Patient/research participant scheduling
• Patient/research participant history
• Data collection
• Data entry
• Data management
• Laboratory procedures
Research Study Compliance
• Adhere to an IRB approved protocols
• Comply with Institutional policies, SOPs and guidelines
• Comply with federal, state, and sponsor policies
May be called upon to:
• Consent subjects, with appropriate authorization and training.
• Document and Report adverse events
• Maintain study source documents
• Complete case report forms (paper and electronic data capture)
Preferred Education, Experience & Cert/Lic
Preferred Education: Bachelor’s Degree in related field
Additional Technical Requirements
• Familiarity with IRB and human subject protection.
• Able to perform tasks independently
• Able to work accurately and pay strict attention to detail.
• Able to work in collaboration with other professionals and staff.
• Must have strong writing, organizational, and analytical skills.
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter to Shawn O'Connor, email@example.com.
Positions Available: 1