GROW AND WALK PROGRAM ASSISTANT
The Grow and Walk Program Assistant will support the implementation of the “Grow & Walk: Moving Toward a Healthier and Greener Tomorrow” program. This position will support program directors with a number of tasks including, but not limited to garden-bed building, program facilitation, and community outreach. Gardening experience and basic knowledge of plants is preferred. The candidate should be reliable and take direction well.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist with the building and/or maintenance of raised-bed gardens at local libraries and schools
• Participate in bi-weekly program activities (facilitation, gardening, walking, etc.) at various West Oak Lane locations
• Lead a small group of people on topics related to urban gardening and light physical activity
• Assist with program promotion via social media, neighborhood canvassing and/or community meeting attendance
Competency Categories and Requirements
• Love for all things “green” and passion for community work
• Ability to work effectively as a part of a team, as well as independently
• Basic understanding of social media management and eye for design
• Strong work ethic, with attention to detail
• Must be punctual
Candidates MUST possess excellent work ethic and common sense. Must be detailed, time-efficient, focused, responsible, friendly and contribute to the pleasant day of team and program participants.
• Ability to stand/walk for extended periods of time.
• Ability to lift and carry up to 50lbs.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required for this position. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
visit website for complete job description: blackgirlswithgreenthumbs.org
Positions Available: 1