This position assists with the processing of general accounting tasks for the Delaware Valley Regional Planning Commission (“the Commission”). The intern will work closely with the Accounting team in the areas of accounts payable and account reconciliation. The Accounting Intern will report to the Accounting Manager who will define priorities and review work while in process or upon completion for quality and adherence to established procedures.
• Process accounts payable vouchers, purchase order vouchers, and travel expense reimbursements.
• Process employee requests for travel and maintain employee travel log for management. Communicate with employees on approval of request for travel.
• Coordinate with employees to resolve issues related to travel expense reimbursements or requests for travel.
• Review invoices for proper accounting coding and match purchase orders with invoices.
• Maintain all appropriate source documentation relative to invoices, purchase orders, and travel vouchers.
• Interact with the Purchasing Department on purchase orders or requisitions matters, and communicate with vendors to resolve invoice issues.
• Assist in problem solving on General Ledger and Balance Sheet account reconciliation.
• Review submitted pre-award risk assessments and maintain subrecipient monitoring log.
• Perform various accounting duties as assigned by the Accounting Manager
• Sound understanding of basic accounting principles and practices.
• Effective communication skills.
• Ability to work independently and as an effective team member.
• Self-motivated, reliable, and possess a willingness to learn.
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word.
This position requires a commitment of up to 22.5 hours per week. Must have Wednesday afternoon availability.
Salary is commensurate with education and experience. Students with work-study funding are encouraged to apply.
Minimum Education and
Positions Available: 1