The student will learn about a career in IT, specifically in the field of healthcare.
The student will work closely and have hands-on experience with Help Desk Technician, Infrastructure Manager & Clinical Systems Specialist. They will learn how to:
• Provide support to users by providing technical assistance and support, as well as troubleshooting, for the FPCN network via telephone, via remote desk-top, or in-person
• Assist with maintaining all staff and computer equipment. This includes software, hardware, and operational end-user support regarding PCs, notebooks wireless, smart phones, etc.
• Install and maintain computer systems such as software and hardware, install & test basic network infrastructure equipment, determine cause of computer/software/network malfunctions through evaluation and testing, & resolve such issues via modifications, repair, or external support assistance
• Assist in performing OS software upgrades, virus protection & HIPAA compliance upgrades
• Lend support in areas such as cybersecurity, programming & analytics
• Assure IT controls are in place to satisfy regulations, as well as some basic EHR database administration and configuration in Centricity
• Assist in closing Helpdesk work orders
• Assist in the completion & set up of desktop PCs & applications for new hires, as well as technology orientation
• Be attending school for Comp. Science, IT, health informatics, or related field, & have interest in gaining technical & practical experience
• Be comfortable with working with diverse population in an urban setting
• Have excellent computer skills & technical knowledge, including basic knowledge of Microsoft Office & programming
• Teachable & fast lea
Positions Available: 1