The Center City District, seeks qualified and motivated individuals with excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work well with families and children to oversee activities at Sister Cities Park and assist with other physical aspects relating to CCD owned and managed Parks. To ensure the park rules and regulations are followed in play and surrounding areas within the park, the Park Attendant oversees play at the pond, garden, and fountain, requests adherence to those rules and performs light maintenance of play areas to include following health and safety protocols for staff and visitors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES:
• Insures that park rules are followed including following guidelines and cleaning practices issued by the CDC;
• Skim debris from pond as needed throughout the shift;
• Keep pond, garden, fountain area tidy;
• Oversees the activities to create a safe environment for children and report problems immediately.
Qualified candidates must have:
• A high school diploma required, college degree in Early Childhood Education preferred;
• Minimum of two years’ work experience;
• General knowledge of routine maintenance procedures and techniques; some knowledge of water safety.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Ability to communicate effectively and politely.
• Well organized and disciplined.
• Ability to take the initiative when necessary.
• Ability to respond calmly to an emergency situation.
• Will need to work on some weekends.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES & REGISTRATION:
• Must have the ability to pass First Aid/CPR certification course.
• Must be able to pass a background investigation including criminal history and child abuse clearance, reference check, and drug screening;
• May be required to wear a uniform shirt or other required attire.
Forward Resumes to:
Center City District
660 Chestnut St.
Phila., PA 19106
We are an EEO/AA employer. No phone calls please.
Positions Available: 1