This position offers a participant a valuable and exciting opportunity to gain real-world experience in procurement and contracts within the Delaware Valley Regional Planning Commission (“the Commission”). The selected intern will have the ability to learn, grow and collaborate with various project teams, consultants, vendors and senior management. The selected intern will experience challenging work assignments, gain insights in various improvements initiatives and build a network in their chosen career field. Guidance and training will be provided by the Manager of the Office of Procurement and Contracts and the Senior Procurement and Contracts Specialist. Undergraduate, graduate and/or law school students with a finance, business administration, economics, supply chain management, or a related field of study are encouraged to apply.
• Assist with day-to-day procurement functions in the development of Request for Proposals (RFP) and Request for Qualifications (RFQ).
• Coordinate and communicate with project teams and external stakeholders during the initial review, negotiation and finalization of competitive solicitations.
• Gather and report key contract information including maintaining data controls and perform analytical review of Disadvantaged Business Enterprise and insurance information.
• Assist with updating and organizing contract tracking files for various types of contracts and grants.
• Conduct market research and obtain quotes for purchase of goods and services.
• Assist with contract and procurement audit process, quality improvement initiatives and help develop contracting and RFP process improvements and trainings.
• When needed, serve as a back-up in processing requisitions, facilitating orders, and reviewing credit card purchases.
• Assist with administration and special initiatives, as assigned.
• Knowledge of general business principles or procurement.
• Excellent verbal and w
Positions Available: 1