Substitute Teacher, School District of Philadelphia
Remember that teacher who made a difference in your life? Now it’s your turn! Substitute teaching is a great opportunity to be a mentor and help students become the best versions of themselves. Substitute teachers are essential to ensuring students continue to learn and grow every day.
Why substitute teach?
• Positively impact the education of students in your own community.
• Feel good about the work you do.
• Earn steady income through a variety of short- and long-term substitute positions available.
• Enjoy work-life balance.
• Assume duties of the classroom teacher in accordance with school district lesson plans, school rules, and Kelly policies. This includes:
o Leading instruction in the classroom by conducting the teacher’s existing lesson plans
o Instructing students on a variety of classroom topics/courses
o Building positive relationships
o Assigning reasonable tasks and homework
• Motivate students to learn, and encourage classroom participation
• Create a classroom environment that’s conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of students
• Adapt to the various learning styles of students
• For long-term assignments, it may be required to develop lessons plans, as well as create, administer, and grade tests and assignments
• Bachelor’s degree
Perks you’ll enjoy as a substitute teacher:
• Free online classroom management training to help you become a capable, confident classroom leader
• Free ongoing professional development to keep your skills sharp
• Paid orientation on district policies and procedures so you understand the culture and requirements of the school district
• Weekly pay
• Kelly-sponsored Affordable Care Act healthcare coverage, for eligible employees
• Group insurance options*
• Ability to create a work schedule that works for you
• Ability to select your preferred school loc
Positions Available: 100